When you join GEMS Education, you join an international educational organisation with a global network of international schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes whilst ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest possible calibre of staff.
About the School:
We are based in the clean and secure environment of Madinaty City which is located to the east of Cairo - very convenient for Shorouk, Rehab, Nasr City and Heliopolis and with excellent transport links to the city centre.
The British system has been available in Egypt for many years and its traditional, structured and disciplined approach is well-understood by many parents. In recent years the curriculum has been widened to add an international dimension so that children at the school will gain a deeper understanding of other cultures.
The key features of the British Curriculum which make it so suitable for schools outside of the UK still remain as always;
• The curriculum is taught in English
• There is always an emphasis on understanding and questioning as well as just knowing
• Social skills are an integral part of the curriculum
• There is regular externally verified testing to give a reliable measure of progress
• IGCSE and A level examinations at the end of the process are internationally accepted for entry to universities all over the world
We are looking for outstanding Deputy Head Primary Teaching and Learning to join our existing team from September 202.
The Deputy Head Teacher will work with the Head Teacher to maintain an environment that promotes and secures excellent teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and excellent behaviour.
The Deputy Head Teacher will:
- Provide a clear educational direction for the school.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of policies that promote effective professional practice and define curriculum content.
- Work in partnership with the Head Teacher in the assessment of pupils and in monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching.
- Lead teaching and learning throughout the school and model best practice in school.
- Create and maintain an effective partnership with parents to improve children's achievement and personal and social development.
- Provide subject leadership for English or Mathematics appropriate to personal expertise and/or the needs of the school.
- Have a teaching commitment across school to meet the need of the school.
The successful applicant will have:
A BSc/BA with certified teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE and Qualified Teacher Status.
The British International School Madinaty
Madinaty, Cairo, Egypt
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 14 years
Join our Exclusive British School In the beautiful city of Madinaty, Cairo
British International School Madinaty is the newest school in GEMS Education Egypt group of schools. We are proud to be a premier school in the Egyptian portfolio of the large...