Wollemi College is an independent boys' college that teaches the Catholic Faith. We are situated on 10 hectares in Werrington, in Sydney's west and have been developing this site since 2004. Roll is now over 360 with the 2nd stream now starting. The College grew out of Orchard Hills Preparatory School which was founded in 1999 by a group of parents and teachers, the PARED (Parents for Education) Foundation, on the principles that parents are the primary educators and that schools exist to give parents every support. This support is found in the quality of the academic curriculum, in the way that staff work with students and parents in the unique tutorial system, in the emphasis on character development and virtues in the curriculum, and in the concern that staff and peer example be fully positive and supportive of parents. Home and school are united.
The Position Ref Number#1910-539592 – Deputy Principal
An executive search is being undertaken by Smart Leaders Executive Recruitment. They are supporting the Principal and the School Board throughout the search and selection process. Confidential applications for the role should include:
A cover letter with examples of how you fit the selection criteria below:
- Proven interpersonal qualities and skills necessary for close cooperation with members of staff, parents, students, and the Old Boys’ Association.
- Demonstrated experience in an educational leadership role in School Administration including experience in strategy development, the leadership of staff and broader school operations.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills to ensure the ability to effectively negotiate, resolve conflict, motivate and engage staff within the school.
- Proven ability to use data in the decision making the process and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An interest and commitment to co-curricular programs in the context of an independent school.
- Strength of character, resilience and a sense of humour.
Resume including the following information:
Full name, home address, confidential email address, mobile and contact details.
- Positions held, dates, school profile, and scope of responsibilities, key activities, and achievements.
- Any other relevant information, such as professional memberships, publications or community activities.
- A degree in a relevant subject area, educational qualifications, NESA accreditation or the ability to become accredited.
The full contact details of three professional referees are required. Referees will only be contacted with permission from the candidate, following an interview with the Selection Panel and prior to appointment.
Search and Selection Dates.
• Application closing date is the 30th October
• Selection Panel interviews in November 2019.
Terms of Appointment
The School will negotiate a competitive and appropriate employment package with the successful candidate.
The role commences Term 1 January 2020
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sasha Large of Smart Leaders Australia
T: +61 (02) 9279 0999