Deputy Subject Leader of Maths (Part Time or Full Time)
Salary Details: MPS/UPS (Plus Recruitment and Retention Allowance for an exceptional candidate)
TLR: 2c (£6,645.00)
Contract Type: 2 x Part Time or 1 x Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Required for: January 2020
Are you an excellent teacher of Maths, maybe in your first few years of your teaching career? If you are looking for an exciting challenge and the chance to lead, then this is the job for you.
We are looking to recruit inspirational leader(s) who will help to lead our Maths team. We would welcome applicants who would prefer to work more flexibly, on a part time basis as part of a job share.
We are an 11-18 mixed school (1130 learners with 130 students in our growing 6th Form). A fully inclusive school, we have a wide range of students in terms of background and academic starting point. Our motto is ‘Proud to belong’ and our mission is to improve the life chances for all our learners, providing them with great qualifications, a well-developed character, and enhanced employability skills. We value all subjects highly, placing an equal emphasis on success in both academic subjects and those of a creative and vocational nature. We are part of the Meller Educational Trust (MET), giving us opportunities to collaborate with other local schools and share best practice and learning from one another.
Our Ideal Candidates
We are seeking outstanding candidates who will help to deliver our vision of exceptional education. Your strong leadership, organisation and ability to provide effective support to colleagues will enable us to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our students.
We wish to appoint candidates who have
● Excellent teaching, reflective and interpersonal skills
● The ability to think clearly and work effectively under pressure
● An abundance of passion, enthusiasm and optimism
● Superb communication skills, both orally and in writing
● The ability to work as part of a team and be flexible
● High quality organisational skills
● The ability and drive to improve all student outcomes in English
● Excellent subject knowledge
As a member of The Bushey Academy staff team we offer:
● A full induction programme
● Professional development opportunities and guidance for your CPD
● An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
● Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
● The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
● A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you are passionate about improving outcomes for students and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to have a real impact, The Bushey Academy could be the school for you.
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9am Thursday 17 October 2019
Interviews: w/c 21 October 2019
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.