Position: Design and Digital Technologies Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is a Townsville Girls Catholic College, founded in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The college accepts enrolments from girls in Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The college is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is seeking an experienced and dedicated Design and Digital Technologies Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Fixed Term Contract position covering a period of Maternity Leave from Monday, 17 January 2022 through to Friday, 24 June 2022.
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have the ability to collaborate and work positively as part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: 75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 September 2021.
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education