The High Weald Academy
The High Weald Academy is a highly aspirational academy that serves our local rural community. High expectations and a balanced approach to support and challenge enable our students and staff to succeed and achieve. The academy community is future focused but holds fast to traditional values and takes pride in the achievements it makes whether these be in the exam hall, on the sports field, in the creative arts or down on the farm.
The High Weald Academy invites all students and staff to belong to one of three Houses; Ambition, Achievement and Aspiration. Membership of a House affords each member of the academy an opportunity to be known for their individual talents and interests as well as enabling them to compete in a variety of ways. Leadership in our academy is not reserved for the staff and the contribution made to the ethos, values and operation of the academy by our student leaders led by our Head Prefects and their team cannot be underestimated. Together the High Weald community works toward continual improvement.
Vision of The High Weald Academy: To be an outstanding community academy, whose focus is on learning, as well as on personal and social development, and to be ambitious for all regardless of circumstance.
Teacher Design & Technology
Purpose of the role: To be responsible for the quality of teaching and learning in Design and Technology so that all students make good or better progress.
We are looking for a teacher of Design & Technology at Key Stages 3 and 4. We will welcome applications from candidates looking for either a full or part-time post to start in April 2018, or as soon after as possible.
- to teach Design & Technology at KS3 and KS4
- to demonstrate high professional practice in all areas of work
- to help progress the academy towards our vision, through a focus on raising the aspirations of students
- to be an excellent role model for students, commanding respect and being a positive presence around the academy
- to be efficient and effective, highly organised in all areas of work
- to promote actively the academy’s ethos through actions and words
- to adhere to the staff dress code
- to participate in duties as directed.
- to plan lessons effectively, taking account of the students’ ability
- to mark work effectively, using the academy policy
- to have high expectations of students and ensure that students’ aspirations are high
- to record student progress so that you are able to talk knowledgably to parents/carers and other staff
- to regularly set home learning
- to provide all students with accurate, appropriate and helpful feedback so that they can make further progress
- to use all academy policies and protocols effectively so that students can focus on learning
- to participate in the work of the team, attending and being actively involved in meetings, producing further schemes of work and actively collaborating
- to participate in professional development opportunities
- to provide accurate assessment of students’ achievement
- to be aware of and adhere to teachers’ professional standards.
Brook Learning Trust
The Brook Learning Trust is proud to have The High Weald Academy as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become one of the highest performing multi-academy trusts in the county. Last year, children in our academies made better progress - learning and growing with us - than they would have done in other Academys or academies nationally. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The High Weald Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
The High Weald Academy is an exciting and ambitious place to learn: we invite you to become part of our flourishing community, and in return, offer you the opportunity to develop your career within the Brook Learning Trust.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.