Subject Leader for Business & Economics
Required for September 2018
Salary Scale MPS / UPS + TLR 2c(i) (£6,222)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued. The Governors wish to appoint a talented Head of Business & Economics. We currently offer Business at GCSE, Btec Business in the Sixth Form and A Level Economics. If you have the drive to transform learning for our wonderful students, we want to hear from you.
The candidate will :
· Be an outstanding teacher
· Have a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like in the teaching of Business & Economics
· Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated to Business & Economics
· Have the ability to teach KS4/5
What we offer:
· Leadership Programmes
· Progression Opportunities
· Teacher Training Programmes
· Comprehensive CPD programme
· NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
· Teaching and Learning Forum
· Professional Thursdays
Our department offer:
· The opportunity to teach across the ability range and at Key Stages 4/5
· Highly motivated students who are keen to be successful
· Good results at A level in Summer 2017
- For the successful candidate to join a flourishing and supportive department.
· Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
· Free car parking
· 100 % interest free season ticket loan
· Tax free bikes for work
· Teacher’s Pension Scheme
St Ignatius College is:
· A Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
· A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
· A school where students are courteous and respectful at all times
· Judged ‘good’ by Ofsted: a school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
· Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please click on the apply button below.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St. Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
The deadline for applications is Monday 16th April 2018
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend interview if required.