“Behaviour is good. Students are polite, courteous and respectful of staff and each other. They want to do well and work hard. They feel secure and are kept safe”. (Ofsted 2014)
Kingsley Academy opened on 1 April 2013 and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust. The academy is an 11-18 mixed community school that is culturally diverse, multi-lingual and inclusive. We are proud of our diversity and committed to maintaining our inclusive ethos. The school also operates as a Community Education Centre offering Adult Education courses and a Saturday morning Languages school. We are part of a sixth form consortium with other local schools which offers a full programme of sixth form courses catering for a broad range of needs.
We are pleased to be able to offer this exciting opportunity for a creative, passionate, innovative and engaging Teacher of Design and Technology to join the team. The successful candidate will be able to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5 and be committed to raising standards and achieving the best outcomes for our students.
The Technology department is well-equipped, with a strong team in place. Our key task is to continue to raise achievement and enjoyment in Technology. Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
You will be joining a department who:
- put students first – We aim to inspire all our learners through innovative teaching
- supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, coaching and mentoring for all new staff
- value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through collaborative planning and fostering a positive working environment.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Subsidized or free lunch (where applicable)
This post is fixed term until August 2019 and is required to commence 1st January 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 17 December 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.