Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and professional Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher to join a fantastic team in a “good” school in Harlow. This Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher position is full time for a January 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the academic year. The Design & Technology Teacher / DT teacher will be expected to teach Design & Technology including food, textiles and resistant materials to KS3 and KS4. The school provides education for students between the ages of 11 and 16 years, allowing teachers the opportunity to work cross-school and phase in order to make an even bigger impact in the community.
About the Role
· Design & Technology / DT Teacher
· January 2018 start through until end of academic year
· Full time contract
· Accommodation can be arranged for the DT teacher
· Salary up to £35,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Coeducational secondary academy welcoming pupils aged 11-16 years
· School was built just over 4 years ago offering excellent facilities
· School offers larger than average green field
· CPD offered for teachers
· Ofsted rating for leadership is “Outstanding” and behaviour is “Good”
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum preferred
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent preferred but not essential
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SZL42849.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.