The Sultan’s School in Oman require an experienced Design and Technology Teacher for our school to start in August 2020.
Please review the recruitment video on this site to find out more information about The Sultan’s School and review our accommodation www.hays.co.uk/jobs/the-sultan-school-international-teaching
Design and Technology Specialist Teacher required to start in August 2020.
The Sultan’s School is now entering a new phase in its development as we look to expand on the number of subjects offered throughout the school. With this in mind, we are aiming to introduce Design and Technology at IGCSE and IB level in August 2021.
However, to help us prepare properly, for this exciting development, we are looking to appoint an experienced DT teacher for August 2020. The appointed person would then spend the next academic year (SY2020-2021), preparing the curriculum as well as designing the initial DT workshop/lab and purchasing the necessary equipment.
The Sultan’s School is presently working with a team of international architects to design a multi-million dollar STEAM centre that will, once complete, cover an area of 7500 sq metres and will be one of the finest educational centres in the region.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to develop a programme from its inception, who will be given the time and financial resources to make it happen.
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou (Senior Business Director, International Recruitment) who has recently visited The school and can answer any questions that you may have on: +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +44 7595 968 600.
As we move into our 43rd year, we are looking to appoint experienced teachers to join our team of outstanding educators.
The Sultan’s School was established, under the sponsorship of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos, in 1977 and is regarded as one of the leading educational institutes in the Sultanate and is well regarded throughout the Middle East.
In May 2018, the school was granted full accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and we are using the report and recommendations to further develop the school, including a review of our strategic vision.
As part of our continued drive for excellence we have made considerable investments in updating our campus. This includes:
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of our library which has resulted in it becoming a focus for teaching and learning for the whole school.
- The development of a specialist learning centre for our IB diploma students. Our students have undoubtedly benefitted from this new resource as our 2017 and 2018 IB results were the best in the school’s history with pass rates of 95% and 96% respectively.
- The complete refurbishment of six primary classrooms
- Additional on-site teacher accommodation. All our internationally recruited staff live on campus and in December 2017, we added four, three bedroom town houses. Additional accommodation is planned, together with upgrades to our existing villas and apartments
- An additional eight primary classrooms were completely refurbished.
- Fibre optic Wi-Fi was installed throughout the campus, which has allowed us to explore new avenues of teaching and learning.
- The construction of a new boarding house began, which should be ready for August 2019. This will provide outstanding accommodation for up to 100 boarders.
- The Open Minds Centre (home of the secondary humanities department) was completely refurbished.
- The construction of an Olympic standard running track began in August and should be ready for January 2019
- In early 2019, our kitchen and dining facilities will undergo a complete refurbishment and expansion. The original kitchen/dining area was designed for 400 students and our current enrolment is 1150. The new facility should be ready for August 2019.
- The swimming pool will have a complete refurbishment that will include a complete cover. This will allow the pool to be used all year round.
- The development of a specialist STEM/STEAM centre. Although this project is still in the development stage, we hope to build a state-of-the-art STEM/STEAM centre in the near future. The school’s management and Board are presently working with a team of architects on the design of this centre.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Design and Technology Teacher for our school to start in August 2020.
Applicants must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification and at least two years’ teaching experience
- High expectations and a creative approach in the classroom
- The commitment to work as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organisational skills
- Evidence of ongoing learning
- Excellent spoken English
- Enthusiasm and a sense of fun.
Preferred skills and teaching experience should include:
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
- 2 years consistent teaching experience post qualifying is required for VISA purposes.
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language is desirable
- Experience of working internationally is desirable
The school offers an excellent tax free package. This includes accommodation, utilities’ allowance, annual airfare and medical cover. Staff live on our tranquil and safe campus which strengthens social opportunities for both adults and their children.
The Sultan’s School is located in Seeb, a suburb of Muscat, and is located about 15 minutes from the new international airport. The campus is 220 acres (approximately 90 hectares) making it one of the largest school campuses in the world.
Come Join Us!
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to join our team, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), together with a recent photo, as a SINGLE PDF document to the Principal (Dr. Glenn Canterford) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please DO NOT send any additional information (copies of degree certs etc) at this stage.
For Visa processes we require the following information:
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Name / Type of Teaching Qualification
4) Your Nationality 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
- To qualify for a position at The Sultan’s School, teacher must hold a recognised teaching qualification, such as a B.Ed, B.A/B.Sc with QTS/GTP or a PGCE.
- The school does not recognise qualifications such as CELTA, unless they are in addition to a teaching degree.
- We normally insist upon at least two years previous teaching experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of submitting an application, please assume your application was unsuccessful.
- Applications from married teaching couples are particularly welcome. Please note that both applicants must meet the criteria.