Smart Teachers are recruiting for a Design and Technology Teacher at a coeducational Independent school, located in Southern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. This K- 12 School offers high quality educational programs and holds strong ties to the local community.
About the Role:
- Design and Technology Teacher
- Teaching Years 7-10 including Textiles
- Located in Southern Sydney
- Job Reference: #TES1707-161185AT
- Full-time, 12 month contract
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- The school is Islamic, however applicants are not required to share the faith of the school, although will be respectful of its ethos and values
- Emphasis is on inquiry learning and critical thinking
- Small Independent school
- High quality educational programs, guided by talented, skilled and dedicated teachers in world-class educational facilities
- Innovative teaching and learning methods and the latest technologies to promote excellence
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Southern Sydney. It is located 7 miles from Sydney central business district. Property block sizes are often generous, and the area offers great inner-city connectivity via buses and trains. It welcomes people from all walks of life and it is a multicultural suburb.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Hold a Bachelor of Education or equivalent in Secondary Education and qualified to teach Stage 5 Design and Technology
- Be supportive of the School’s Islamic ethos and values
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1707-161185AT.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.