Part -time, 20 hours per week, term time only
Responsible to the Head of Design & Technology, a Technician is required as soon as possible to assist in the smooth running of Colfe’s thriving and friendly Design & Technology department for 20 hours per week during term time only. The spread of working hours can be discussed at interview.
The successful candidate will have a high level of relevant technical knowledge and expertise, a willingness to train in new skills as required, excellent communication and organisational skills plus meticulous attention to detail. Experience of working in an educational environment will be an advantage.
The salary will be in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata of full-time, depending on experience.
Specific Responsibilities to include:
• Preparing materials and equipment for lessons at the request of teachers
• Maintaining tools and equipment both on a regular basis and at the request of the Head of Department
• Organising storage of both equipment and student projects
• Setting up of workshop tools and machinery
• Assisting teachers in lessons as and when requested by teachers and approved by the HoD
• Carrying out regular and scheduled H&S checks on tools and equipment
• Attending H&S training courses to ensure that certification is up to date and compliant
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a willingness to learn and work as part of a team are also essential.