DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN (Research & Design Faculty)
Part time, term time only APT&C Scale 4
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is an outstanding all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich based across three sites under the Koinonia Federation. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking to appoint a great candidate to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic candidate to work offering practical and technical support at our secondary campus, working with the Research & Design Faculty.
We are looking to appoint a Technician with specific responsibilities for the Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Art & Food Technology areas. The Technician’s role is vital in maintaining high standards of safety in classrooms and workshops.
The role will be to support the work of the Research & Design Faculty staff and achievements of students using innovative approaches, supporting and resources lessons, with an emphasis on safe practice and sustaining the high standards of practical work in the faculty.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• Have experience of working as a technician within an educational setting
• Have good organisational skills
• Are able to prioritise well and work proactively
• Are computer literate and able to use email, Microsoft and other computer software
• Have a professional manner
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful outstanding all through school with three school sites; our primary sites are in Woolwich and on the Greenwich Peninsula and our secondary site is based temporarily on the Blackheath Standard and will move to a brand new £40m site on the Greenwich Peninsula in November 2018. St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
Closing date: Monday 4th June 2018 (12.00 noon)
Interview date: w/c 11th June 2018
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview. For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.