Design and Technology Technician (initially part time)
Hurst College is a high performing co-educational day and boarding school with a reputation for offering an excellent all-round education with a strong academic core for every child. We are looking to recruit a Design and Technology Technician to initially work 3 days a week term time only (34 weeks of the year). It is anticipated that the hours for this job will increase to full time (term time only) from September 2020. The role would include:
• Assisting the teaching staff and pupils in keeping the Design Centre a safe working environment.
• Keeping the workshops, prep room and equipment within them in good working order, including servicing and maintaining machinery on a regular basis.
• Ordering and supervising the control of stock, materials, equipment, tools and sundries ensuring best value is achieved.
• Cutting and preparing materials to size and shape, as required by staff, pupils, using a wide range of commercial machinery.
• Responsible for the processing of deliveries, the movement of materials within the department and the general tidiness of the storerooms and prep rooms.
We have superb facilities and good benefits including free lunches and a generous pension scheme. Salary dependent on experience. All training can be provided.