Hours: 36 per week, term time only plus 10 days
If you have a Textiles background and can use a sewing machine and are willing to learn new skills, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role supporting the Design & Technology department at one of this country’s leading girls’ schools.
The role would suit a person who can multi-task, is flexible, open to change, and can respond to/anticipate the needs of the department as they arise. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Storing and disposing of stock in the Textiles department
- Preparing materials and equipment for lessons
- Working one on one with students on specialist machines
You will also assist the Graphics area and assist in administrative tasks and other duties for the whole department.
About the School:
Wimbledon High School is a highly academic school for girls aged 4 to 18, located in the heart of Wimbledon, less than 20 minutes from central London.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For more information and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 20th September 2021.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21st September 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Wimbledon High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 18 years
Wimbledon High School GDST is a popular and academically very successful school.
We are a centre of excellence, demonstrating thought leadership and taking a lead in girls’ education. Our innovative pastoral programme, GROW, is at the core ...