Design Technology Department Technician
(WEF As Soon As Possible)
APTC Scale 3, Points 14-17 - Actual Salary £15,410 (Pay Review Pending)
This is a permanent post, 35 hours per week, 8am-3.30pm, Term Time Only, 39 weeks per year (including INSET days).
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person with the abiity to support safe and secure learning and teaching using technical skills (including IT), knowledge and expertise and specific health and safety know-how. The postholder will be expected to maintain the upkeep of the Design Technology stores and workshops and prepare DT equipment for use in lessonsm including having responsibility for:
- Ensuring the resources are prepared for lessons and that they are removed at the end of lessons;
- Managing budgets and stock (alongside the Head of Department);
- Display of examination work for the exam board when required;
- Display in the the department and safe storage of GCSE and A Level work;
- Using the equipment in the department and keeping the storage areas clean and organised;
- Ensuring relevant risk assessments are adhered to (alongside the Head of Department).
Applicants would be expected to have appropriate experience (essential) including IT skills, be able to use their own initiative when necessary, be flexible, highly organised, be able to manage time and prioritise tasks.
Applications can be made by letter AND application form which can be downloaded form our website: http://www.steds.org.uk/index.php/administration/job-vacancies
** Applicants MUST include email address contacts for two referees **
Please send completed applications and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Midday on Friday 16th March 2018
Interviews will be held: Week beginning Monday 19th March 2018