Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international boarding school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing an exciting and holistic education for both Chinese and foreign students. The school currently comprises 10% international and 90% Chinese students, with a projected final capacity of 2,700. At RQSS we share the core values of Sedbergh School, UK, building on their excellent reputation and almost 500 years of history. The school is in a phenomenally busy phase of growth and there are a number of exciting challenges ahead of us. Resilience, positivity and a willingness to get involved are important. As a boarding school, there is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in the school’s pastoral and extra-curricular activity programmes.
The Department has full woodworking capabilities, CAD/CAM facilities, 3D printers and a STEAM space with VR and LEGO MindStorm. There is a fully equipped technician’s workspace with a wide range of hand tools and other equipment.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, reflective and resilient Design Technology Teacher with the ability to work a team of committed professionals. Our students’ study for A level Product Design, there is a possibility for an IGCSE Product Design or related course in the future.
Opportunities for a Head of Department role (Food Technology, Product Design and KS3 STEAM) will be available for the right candidate as well as opportunities to take a residential role as a tutor, house mistress or housemaster. Residential roles have a reduced teaching commitment.
•Teaching excellent inspiring lessons that enable all learners to make rapid progress;
•Be a positive, professional collegial staff member, with a, ‘can do’, attitude towards making a positive difference to the holistic development of our students;
• Planning and preparing courses and lessons, teaching students, according to their educational needs;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students;
• Preparing students for examinations and their next level of study;
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students;
• Identifying and researching resources and equipment required for teaching;
• To participate in the delivery of boarding provision;
• Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and enrichment of the school’s provision;
•Provide support and guidance to colleagues on best practices in teaching and learning for students with English as an additional language;
•Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as required;
• Contribute to a positive learning environment at all levels of school life and the holistic development of students;
•Perform additional duties assigned by the Head of Section or Principal.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject;
• A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE)
• Minimum two years of teaching experience in teaching Design Technology in a senior school setting;
•Previous experience teaching A Level Product Design;
• Previous experience of teaching ESL students is an advantage;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work.
Fuzhou is a beautiful city and the school site is in an exciting area of coastal development just 15 minutes from the Fuzhou Changle International Airport. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, medical cover, flight allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, visa costs and all meals on-site.
Deadline for applications Thursday 28th January 2021. The anticipated start date for these positions will be 1st August 2021
Candidates are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Longlisted candidates will be selected on receipt of CVs and contacted for an automated video screening shortlisting interview via Sonru. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview either face to face or online.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing exciting and ...