8.00am – 3.30pm, Term time only + 1 week
In order to further raise achievement, we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to join our successful team.
We require an experienced Design Technology Technician to provide support for a busy Design Technology Department. The successful candidate will be required to work across all the material areas of DT including Resistant Materials, Graphics, Textiles and Food.
- Broadway Academy moved into a £21 million new building in 2011.
- We were for 2 years running “in the top 100 most improved schools for sustained improvement in the country” - Nick Gibb.
- “[Leaders] have high expectations of, and aspirations for, pupils and staff” OFSTED 2016.
- “Pupils’ achievement... including in the sixth form, is strong” OFSTED 2016.
- “…ICT across the curriculum was judged to be outstanding...” OFSTED 2012.
- We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting journey to “World Class”.
- Investor in People accreditation and a commitment to both staff and student wellbeing.
- Maintenance of four Resistant Material workshops, Graphics and Textiles rooms.
- Maintenance of machines and hand tools.
- General repair and maintenance work within the DT rooms.
- Supporting staff during practical activities.
- Stock control.
- General duties commensurate with the scale, as directed by line manager.
For further details and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on:
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site: https://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/broadway-academy
Closing date: Monday 04 September 2017
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.