Required! A suitably experienced individual with the requisite technical and machinery skills to perform the role of Design Technology Technician.
37 hours per week (half hour unpaid break each day)
Term time + 1 day
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018, we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust which, in addition to ourselves, consists of two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School where there are opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
The postholder will work under the direction of the Curriculum Learning Lead for ICT, Technology & Business, preparing materials and resources for lessons and assisting in practical demonstrations to meet curriculum needs.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- is motivated to support the learning of our young people by ensuring they are provided with the necessary equipment and resources to achieve required outcomes in practical lessons.
- is a great team player, friendly, professional and able to provide excellent customer service.
- has excellent technical knowledge and experience of operating a wide range of specialist design technology equipment - circular saw, bandsaw, drill, lathe, grinder
- demonstrates personal integrity and professionalism and role models those personal qualities we expect to see from all our colleagues and students
- has the ability and willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role
- is able to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines
- has a good understanding of health and safety and COSHH regulations in relation to Design Technology and is willing to upskill their knowledge and attend training as appropriate.
- is able to competently manage a budget for materials expenditure.
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- a lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information please contact our Curriculum Learning Lead Kasim Qadir, email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in all its schools to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 11th November.