Due to the continued expansion of the School’s fundraising and alumni activities, Exeter School now seeks an enthusiastic and motivated Development and Alumni Assistant to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday on a one-year fixed term contract (may be flexible by mutual agreement).
Reporting to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations, the post-holder will work across all the activities undertaken by the Development and Alumni Office , with the role providing the opportunity to gain diverse work place experience and skills. The duties will include writing communications (for digital, social media and publications), supporting the running of events, gaining experience of database management, research and analytics, supporting fundraising activity, people management and working with senior management and high-profile stakeholders.
The post-holder needs to be goal orientated, able to multi-task and be open to working on new and different projects. They will play a vital role in shaping future alumni relations and development activity at Exeter School.
• Relationship building skills
• Motivated by, and keen to achieve team and individual goals
• Excellent written communications skills via a variety of media and material, including social media communications, letters, e-mails etc.
• Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently and persuasively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (including senior staff, alumni, parents, potential donors etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop close working relationships with colleagues, volunteers and external suppliers
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent organisation skills and an ability to prioritise, self-motivate and persevere in order to achieve
• Ability to work to deadlines and deal with competing demands on time
• Ability to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices
• Ability to deal with requests for information or services, resolving donor/stakeholder issues and queries where appropriate
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and a willingness to work out of regular office hours
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• An interest in education and/or alumni relations/fundraising work
• Experience of using a relationship database
• 22 days holiday per year (1st September to 31st August)
• Free lunch during term time
• Excellent working environment
• Free use of fitness facilities
A completed application form, together with a covering letter should be uploaded to the TES jobsite or sent by email to the Bursar's PA, Mrs Julie Furniss.
(Tel: 01392 258712; e-mail: email@example.com)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th September 2019, 12 noon
This post falls into the category of Regulated Activity. Exeter School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service