The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 to the first cohort of students. This year, we have doubled in student numbers with plans to keep on growing!
What’s it all about?
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
We are equipped with state of the art facilities and are now looking for a teacher with a high level of practical skills who is fluent in the use of creative software packages such as the Adobe suite.
Main purpose of the job:
• To help lead the Digital department in the delivery of graphics and web design.
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in your classes ensuring quality of opportunity for all.
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct.
• Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, others staff and external agencies in the best interests of students.
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012).
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy.