The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Progress 8 results consistently place us in the top 10% of schools nationally.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Digital Media and IT to teach in the department from September 2019 on a full time or part-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting learning, have high expectations of all students’ achievement and will approach the job with enthusiasm.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher and leader who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of Digital Media and IT who can inspire and engage young people
- A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people
- Relevant skills in the practical application of Digital Media and IT
- The ability to teach Digital Media and IT at KS4 and KS5. Experience of teaching vocational courses would be desirable
- The ability to motivate staff and students, with a proven track record of excellent results and impact within their current department
- The enthusiasm and capabilities to implement new courses in an expanding department
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent ICT and organisational skills
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Yvonne Clements (Headteacher’s PA) if you would like to arrange a visit. An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Wednesday 24 April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.