The One In A Million Academy Trust is looking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational leader who has the capacity to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success and development of our unique, innovative and dynamic school, recently judged GOOD by Ofsted.
One In A Million (OIAM) is a unique organisation, comprising its Free School and range of established Community Education Programmes. Our mainstream secondary school is small in size but big in opportunity as we form our own multi academy trust.
Driven by its core values and emphasis on sports, the arts and enterprise, OIAM has created an innovative approach to improving the opportunities and life chances for the young people in Bradford. The Charity creates a synergy between its school and community programmes through its Hub and Spoke model.
We welcome applications from existing Assistant Headteachers and Faculty and Department Heads who have experience of leading in good or outstanding schools and have demonstrably high quality leadership.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Secure the commitment of the whole school community to the vision and direction of the One In A Million Academy Trust.
- Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, focused on delivering an outstanding teaching and learning culture for the students they serve based on our core values: compassion, honesty integrity and excellence.
- Demand ambitious standards for all students, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on students’ outcomes.
- Raise the standards of teaching, learning and achievement at Key Stages 3 and 4, by fully embracing our Key Performance Indicators.
- Be innovative in challenging educational orthodoxies in the best interests of achieving excellence, harnessing the findings of well evidenced research to frame self-regulating and self-improvement within our school.
- Ensure that the school’s systems, organisation and processes are well considered, efficient and fit for purpose, upholding the principles of transparency, integrity and probity.
- Think creatively and imaginatively about the school’s development, to anticipate and resolve problems and to identify opportunities that will benefit students.
- Maintain and develop further strategies to enhance our calm, nurturing environment and systems to secure high standards of behaviour and attendance whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of our students at all times.
- Be commercially and politically astute to grow links, which will benefit the school and provide future growth opportunities within a multi academy trust.
- Demonstrate good business acumen to ensure the equitable deployment of budgets and resources, in the best interests of students’ achievements, staff/talent development and the school’s sustainability.
- Work with an outstanding, high capacity, supportive governing body that is responsive to thoughtful and well-planned change.
To learn more about One In A Million please visit our website at www.oiam.org/freeschool/ and watch our video on YouTube titled ‘The Journey So Far’.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.