BMet is a great place, home to thousands of bright and enthusiastic students and many talented and experienced staff. We are passionate about providing the qualifications and training that local employers and communities need.
We have an exciting, new leadership role that will drive the implementation and continuous improvement of innovative and inspirational A Level provision. A new A Level Centre is under development at Sutton Coldfield College and the person appointed to this key post will be instrumental in ensuring that our aspirations become reality.
The A Level Centre will offer a transformed student experience that will:
- demonstrate exceptional levels of teaching and assessment so that students progress and achieve at or above their targets;
- use cutting edge delivery to develop expert and autonomous learners;
- use a range of technologies and resources to enhance learning;
- be delivered by a team of specialist A Level staff who bring their subject to life through visiting practitioners, national and international competitions;
- demonstrate a golden thread of skills development through all activities
- involve the implementation of best practice in the sector.
Our ambition is that during their time with us students will develop the skills, insight and independence that will consolidate their plans beyond university. We will be tasking ourselves with an aspirational level of skills development and wrap around support that will distinguish us from other A Level providers.
At BMet we are ambitious for our students and the employers and economies we serve. Our staff and governors are committed to a relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement to further drive up standards and deliver even greater success.
If you have the drive to lead this exciting period of development for our A Level provision; a record of leading teams to deliver exceptional results; the knowledge and understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and experience of successfully implementing strategies which improve progress and achievement then we would love to hear from you.
If you would appreciate an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Lisa Hutchinson on 07980 894 913.
The post closes at midnight on Wednesday 21st March.
Applicants whose experience, skills and competencies are considered to be closely matched to the requirements of the role will be invited to undertake a preliminary interview by telephone. Those shortlisted for the final stage of selection will be invited to a selection event at Sutton Coldfield College on Wednesday 28th March.
This post will be based at Sutton Coldfield College.