The challenge is simple. Identify the best in every one of our pupils from Year 7 and
champion a vision of 7 years of education leading to amazing destinations post 18.
• Are you prepared to work hard with exceptional young people and staff committed to going the extra mile?
Commencing: September 2021
Leadership Scale: L10 to L14
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, innovative and committed leader who will play a significant part in the further development of the school. The successful candidate will understand, celebrate and champion the vision for Barking Abbey School Sixth Form provision. They will provide a key voice and contribution for a new Key Stage 3 to 5 “Talent” programme. This should ensure all students across the school have access to opportunities that enable social mobility and outstanding outcomes. They will also take a lead on UCAS
applications, helping the school meet its goal of increased Oxbridge and Russell Group alumni; in addition they will build on our successful higher level Apprenticeship Programme. This is a new Associate SLT role and as such demands only the very best candidates. We would welcome applications from individuals with a
record of successful outcomes at A-Level, and excellent leadership qualities.
The hours will be long but the reward will be the chance to work with and help shape our amazing students. They are overwhelmingly polite, respectful, considerate and have a fantastic thirst for learning. They uphold our school motto each and every day and they in return need the very best.
In return we can offer:
• A student-centred, progress focused student ethos
• A welcoming and supportive community
• The opportunity to work with a passionate, hardworking and supportive staff
• A commitment to develop your skills through continued professional development
• A supportive and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body
• A cohort of students with high aspirations and a willingness to learn
Full details are set out in the Application pack including a job description and person spec. If you would like to visit the school, please contact Mrs Wright, Headteacher’s PA to book a place for one of the sessions.
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.
Barking Abbey School
Barking and Dagenham
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed split site secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements. With a large ...