The Director of Boarding is a senior role within the school, leading and managing the school’s boarding provision, as well as promoting boarding at St George’s, both internally and externally. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the country’s top state boarding schools. The successful candidate will:
- have significant experience of leadership, preferably in a residential setting;
- have drive and enthusiasm;
- have empathy for students from varied backgrounds and countries and
- have the ability to lead and develop the residential team, across three boarding houses.
They will be passionate about promoting a positive, all-encompassing, family-orientated boarding experience. As a non-denominational Christian foundation, St George’s expects high personal standards from its staff and all staff are expected to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school, and to support our Christian foundation and Chapel, minded that these values drive the wonderful atmosphere of our school community. The successful candidate will have the privilege of working with a dedicated staff, enthusiastic pupils, and supportive parents. Additional benefits:
- Provision of an onsite three bedroomed semi-detached house, with a private garden and attached garage.
- As a permanent member of staff you can apply for a day admission place for your child at St George’s School, subject to meeting the requirements of criterion 2 of our published Admissions Criteria.
- Free employee lunch and evening meals when on duty.
- Free use of the school’s on-site fitness suite.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
Please refer to the attached Application Pack, for further information about this exciting opportunity and how to apply.
St George’s School is committed to safeguarding the children and young people in its community and expects its staff to share that commitment. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced, with List Checks, Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
Closing date: 25/01/2021 12:00:00
Interview date: 8th Feb 2021
For more information and to apply please refer to the attached Application Pack and Application Form. This post is available for both teaching and non-teaching candidates. Please ensure you complete the form that is relevant to you.
St George's School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years