The Stockwood Park Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Director of English to join a flourishing and thriving department from January 2020. At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
The role of Director of English will suit an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of improving outcomes within an English Department. You will work closely with the Curriculum Leader for English, to drive up attainment and progress. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate with colleagues, flexibility and enjoy working as part of a team. You will build on existing good practice, strengthen partnerships, and ensure our academy is well supported to deliver an excellent education to all students.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
Visits are warmly welcomed.
1. Play an active role in the development of the English curriculum providing specific expertise and guidance and lead on the delivery of mastery programmes and the KS3/4/5 curriculum.
2. Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students studying English at The Stockwood Park Academy.
3. To liaise with subject colleagues and TLR holders at The Stockwood Park Academy to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities.
4. To ensure that The Stockwood Park Academy is represented positively locally, regionally and nationally within any educational context.
• Start Date: January 2020
• Salary: Leadership Scale Point 10 - £51,311
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy