Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a dynamic and motivating leader with passion and expertise in learning enhancement and support to embrace the position of Director of Learning Enhancement and Support. This role will work with staff to ensure they are equipped and supported with high-impact instructional strategies to support a broad range of student learning needs.
This position liaises with the school wellbeing teams and works closely with the other leaders of the school teaching and learning team including: the Executive Director, Digital Learning, Research, and Innovation, the Directors of Teaching and Learning (P-6 & 7-12), and the Director of Digital Learning.
With the learner at the centre, you provide exemplary leadership to ensure best practice across Learning Enhancement, Learning Support, and EAL/D Support. You work collaboratively to ensure policy across the school is embedded into the professional practice of all teachers to develop a shared language of individualised support for learning from ELC to Year 12.
You refine the process of developing individual learning plans for students across the whole school and develop and implement evidence-based programmes to personalise student learning opportunities and meet their unique learning needs.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence-based approaches to effectively provide clear and concise guidance for teaching staff regarding student learning.
- Ability and desire to take on a multi-faceted leadership role working with a diverse range of staff.
- Capacity to model outstanding practice in the classroom and provide coaching and support to build staff capability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various stake holders to ensure that all students are given opportunities to be challenged, enriched, and supported.
- Ability to research, implement, embed, and review programs that enhance the learning opportunities for all students.
- Excellent organisational, planning, and time-management skills.
- Well-developed communication and inter-personal skills which build and maintain effective and positive working relationships with immediate supervisors, colleagues and key stakeholders including officials.
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to exercise sensitivity and confidentiality in all dealings.
What we offer
A stimulating and challenging role that allows you to be an influencer, collaborator, coach and leader of a committed group of colleagues in a student centered, values-based working environment.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and must hold a current Police Check or be in the process of obtaining one, in order to work at Melbourne Girls Grammar.
Please visit the MGGS Website to apply.
Melbourne Girls Grammar
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Melbourne Girls Grammar is an independent day and boarding school for girls, located in South Yarra in Victoria.
It is a place where challenge and choice create opportunities for every student to discover who she is meant to be. A leader in gir...