We are seeking an exceptional, experienced and enthusiastic qualified teacher to join us as Director of Learning (Mathematics): a senior middle leadership position reporting to the Assistant Principal for Mathematics.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for a strong and successful Mathematics Department, providing vision, leadership and direction and be a member of the Academy’s middle leadership team.
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with 1050 students currently on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
What we are looking for:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- A minimum of three years' teaching experience, with proven success in raising achievement across at least two key stages
- A leader who is able to support and manage individuals and teams towards high quality performance
- An outstanding teacher with a proven ability to identify and implement strategies to raise standards of Teaching and Learning
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 44 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on 020 8681 1141.
For a confidential discussion about this post with the Principal, more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 0208 681 1141.
Are you an Aspiring Senior Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We offer the opportunity for you to gain your NPQSL qualification, a dynamic development programme for middle leaders potentially one year away from senior leadership. This programme is led by some of the most talented principals in the country and delivered by high-performing principals and senior leaders with exceptional track-records. Our leaders have a wealth of knowledge and are highly experienced in improving outcomes for students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.