Director of Marketing and Sales
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Chase Grammar School, part of Achieve Education, is seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join the School and oversee our marketing and sales team.
Chase Grammar School is an independent, co-educational, boarding and day school, situated in Staffordshire, UK. We accept children between the ages of 2 and 18 and deliver the English National Curriculum, GCSE, Pre-A Level, A Level and International Foundation Diploma courses. Our school roll comprises 60% British and 40% International students (from 17 different countries). We are very proud of our excellent academic results (A Level: 25% A*; 50% A*-A; 75% A*-B) and the range of enrichment opportunities we offer. At Chase Grammar School we encourage the children to:
· Think for themselves & become excellent decision makers
· Discover a passion for lifelong learning
· Thrive on the many enriching opportunities available in a happy and caring environment
As important as academic success is our focus on helping the children develop key character qualities. These are reinforced inside and outside the classroom and regularly rewarded: creativity, problem solving, decision-making, leadership, empathy, global citizenship, integrity & honesty, resilience and collaboration.
The School is seeking to appoint a first class professional to the role of Director of Marketing and Sales. His/her primary responsibilities will be to:
· carry out the design and implementation of the overall marketing strategy with a focus on Far East markets (such as China);
· expand and enhance the School’s profile internationally, in particular China, by ensuring regular liaison with external marketing suppliers to guarantee the production of high calibre content;
· focus on improving the School’s quality and diversity of applicants, including increasing the number of international students represented on the School roll;
· conduct effective performance analysis of marketing plans and associated activities;
· manage all marketing suppliers, including website design company, social media, freelance writer etc;
· undertake regular communication with personnel from various departments, working collaboratively to ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies; and
· identify new opportunities for product and service development based on assessment of client needs and market trends.
This is an exciting opportunity for a gifted and motivated individual. The candidate must:
· be familiar with the Far East market, in particular China market
· be fluent in Chinese and English (written and spoken)
· hold a Bachelor’s degree or above or equivalent, ideally in marketing and management but not essential
· be in tune with the School’s aims and ethos
· have an understanding of strategic marketing, communications, customer care and people leadership
· have experience in the world of education and understand the difference between the education systems in the Far East countries such as China and the UK
· have well established connections in China and be a highly credible ambassador for the school
· be able to motivate, guide and train all who contribute to the marketing function of the School
· have experience in organising promotional events such as open days, exhibitions and tours
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must complete the school’s Application form and Pre-Employment Medical form and send it, together with a letter of application addressed to Richard Baum, the Bursar at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Chase Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and any offer of employment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check (DBS).