Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Director of Learning for Mathematics on a full-time permanent basis from January 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an academy that builds a partnership between parents, scholars, and teachers that puts learning first. They support their scholars to be successful in their own learning through their values-driven culture, backed up by their keys to success. The academy is part of a trust that is a family of 12 primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form schools in Bradford and Leeds. They are committed to making a difference where it matters most.
- To challenge educational and social disadvantage by leading a healthy department within the academy in order to achieve the highest possible standards and prepare all our students to lead successful lives
Some key responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Senior Leadership Team, plan, design and produce teaching materials and resources which are appropriate to age and ability and are in accordance with the Academy Improvement Plan
- Identify and act upon department priorities in collaboration with line management in order to build and lead a cohesive and highly effective team; complete all team appraisal and quality assurance in accordance with academy policy
- Provide highly-tailored weekly coaching to team members
- Complete all Cycle review documentation including department data analysis and subsequent intervention planning
- Facilitate the exceptional progress and well-being of any individual or group of students
- Lead weekly team meetings
- In accordance with schemes of work, plan, deliver and review lessons which are appropriate to the age and ability of the students so as to facilitate progression in students’ learning
- Ensure that teaching is broad, balanced, relevant, motivational and appropriately differentiated in order to maximise the academic potential of all students
- Support the management of behaviour within the team: overseeing and completing all duties effectively
- Ensure that assessment is both regular and thorough and that full records of assessment and intervention strategies are kept
- Provide feedback that moves learning forward
The successful candidate:
- Good honours degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Stong teaching ability backed up by good and outstanding outcomes
- Tailored teaching that challenges and supports students
- Data driven planning to target instruction
- High expectations which motivated and challenge students and staff
- Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
- Strong moral purpose and drive for improvement
- Focus on students being scholarly
- Weekly coaching and CPD
- Highly visible senior leadership team
- High staff morale
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1485343
PLEASE NOTE: If shortlisted for an interview, you may be asked to complete the school's application form before attendance.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...