Winchester House School is looking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational and creative Director of Music and Arts to lead and develop Music and Arts in this 3-13 co-educational school.
This opportunity would ideally suit an experienced head of department or an ambitious teacher looking to progress their career.
The successful candidate will possess excellent leadership and management skills to lead the department, be keen and able to develop Music and Arts throughout the school to build on the department’s excellent reputation and be able to teach all abilities from Nursery to Year 8.
You will need to
- have the vision and talent to develop music and arts throughout the school
- have the ability to motivate and inspire both pupils and colleagues
- be a talented and inspirational teacher of Music
- be able to play the piano and organ to an excellent standard
- be innovative in your curriculum development and initiatives to promote high quality teaching and learning strategies and experiences
- be a confident, committed and dynamic classroom practitioner
- be an excellent communicator
- have an approachable presence
- show a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- have proven experience in promoting pupil progress
- be able to form excellent relationships with parents, pupils and colleagues
- be a caring professional with high expectations of pupil attainment
- have ambition to become an outstanding leader
- be an active team member
We can offer you
- enthusiastic pupils
- staff who are committed to supporting and developing the school
- an effective and supportive leadership team and governing body
- a supportive and involved community
- an opportunity to make a real difference
- a commitment to continued professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity to appoint an inspirational Director of Music and Arts to lead Music and the Arts through the next stage of development. This will be a challenging and very rewarding position for the right candidate.
All applicants need to complete an application form and include a letter of application and a curriculum vitae.
The application pack and an editable application form can be downloaded from this site or alternatively our website at
Applications should be sent to:
Winchester House School
44 High Street
Telephone: 01280 846480
Winchester House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and be required to register with the DBS update service for a small annual fee.