Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Director of Music on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational independent preparatory school which educates pupils from 3-13 years. It was founded in 1929 and is now part of an established family of schools. The school has access to more than twenty acres of attractive grounds, on the northern fringe of Tonbridge, Kent.
The school have a thriving community and pride themselves on their friendly atmosphere, outstanding teaching, impressive examination success, thriving sports and vibrant extra-curricular activities. Pupils are encouraged and given every opportunity to develop enquiring minds and self reliance. The excellent teaching staff teach their specialist subjects in small classes and are expert at motivating and stimulating their pupils.
The school are currently looking to recruit a full-time graduate Director of Music who has a passion for teaching, to a high standard, children in Year groups Nursery to Year 8, and who ideally has knowledge and experience of scholarship level Music syllabuses for public schools. Excellent keyboard skills required.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To oversee the running of the department in line with school policy
- To provide support and advice to members of the department and instill the aims and objectives of the department and the school
- To teach and manage the music curriculum throughout the school, including the development and monitoring of LTPs and MTPs within the department
- To be responsible for the training of the School Choirs, orchestral and musical groups and be able to accompany or conduct the groups as necessary
- To enter the Choirs, musical groups and pupils into the music festivals such as Sevenoaks Three Arts, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells & Hastings as required, Associated Board music exams each term accompanying pupils where necessary, and to encourage pupils to attend music courses where relevant
- To organise and prepare pupils for school concerts, the annual Carol Service, the Form Singing competition and in conjunction with the Head of Drama the annual Prep School Play and Pre-Prep Nativity and Summer Entertainment
- To oversee the preparation of potential Choristers for Tonbridge School Chapel and to support them and liaise with Tonbridge School accordingly
- To liaise with parents as necessary and advise and support members of staff regarding parental concerns where appropriate
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1404165
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...