Preferred commencement: Semester 2, 2018 (negotiable)
Applications are sought from qualified and committed educators to lead the Music program at Corpus Christi College. This is an exciting opportunity for dynamic practitioner seeking a middle leadership role in an established secondary college.
Corpus Christi College has been developing a culture of excellence in the study and practice of Music, with an extensive range of offerings in both the middle school and senior school, including instrument tuition and ATAR-level studies. Music-related extra-curricular activities such as ensembles, choirs and bands have been well supported by students, challenging and engaging them to participate in annual calendar of events that includes the College Production, the Fremantle Eisteddfod and the Catholic Performing Arts Festival. Students are also encouraged to pursue Music-related careers in their post-secondary options, as recently demonstrated by five graduates of the Class of 2017 being accepted into the WA Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA).
The Director of Music should demonstrate ongoing personal professional growth as a twenty-first century leader and learners. As a leader, the Director of Music must be visionary, proactive, and supportive as well as a motivator of their staff in continuing to build a culture of participation, excellence and high achievement.
The Director of Music shall:
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of current developments in curriculum and their implementation, including the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) requirements for Music courses
- Coordinate a busy program of music lessons, rehearsals, timetables, concerts, festivals, parent evenings and musical events
- Be responsible for music tutor recruitment
- Organise panel examinations for all instrumental students
- Manage the instrument hire scheme
- Manage departmental budgets and purchasing
- Liaise with College Leadership and the Ministry team regarding music performances for events, assemblies and liturgies
- Maintain stakeholder relationships, including contact with primary schools
- Be open to the College's educational philosophy in line with Catholic values
The preferred applicant will have a minimum 4-year tertiary qualification and have at least 5 years' experience. This is categorised as a Level Two Promotional Position. The successful candidate will be expected to work towards, or renew, an Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School qualification.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to view the position description and the overview of the Music program.
Please apply online via the College's official recruitment portal (click here). Applications received outside of the College website will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 28 March 2018 at 4.00pm
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Belinda Hermawan, HR Officer, on (08) 6332 2500.