Are you an inspiring and committed leader who would like to work in a unique and friendly international college with students who are dedicated and focused on academic achievement? A rare opportunity has arisen to work with students from around the globe in the beautiful Cathedral City of Canterbury.
CATS College Canterbury is a coeducational independent boarding school catering mainly for international students aged 14+. The College specialises in preparing students for pre-university exams, including I/GCSEs, A Levels, the International Baccalaureate (DP) and the University Foundation Programme (UFP). The College was awarded ‘Excellent’ in all 9 areas in the latest ISI inspection (March 2016). There are approximately 450 students on roll. Class sizes are small allowing for personalised student-centred learning. We offer students the opportunity to take part in an extensive range of extra-curricular activities, including leadership awards and national/international competitions.
The College requires a Director of Pastoral Care who will be a member of the College Leadership Team. The purpose of the role is to lead the provision of pastoral care by creating and managing programmes for Form Tutors to deliver, and overseeing the success of this framework, and to lead the development, promotion and implementation of the College’s Attendance Policy and Behaviour Policy. The post holder will manage the Pastoral Care Officer and Attendance and Exeat Officer. The post holder will be the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the College. This role will require a willingness to work hours beyond the school day, including occasionally weekends and evenings.
Applications are encouraged from individuals with
· Proven management skills
· Experience within a similar role and background
· Outstanding practice in an educational role
· Fresh ideas, compassion and the determination to work hard to realise excellent progress and student outcomes
It would advantage your application if you:
· Have experience of working within a Boarding School
· Have experience of working in an international school or FE/Sixth form college
· Have experience of working in diverse multinational environments spanning differing linguistic and cultural needs
In return, we can offer you:
· A vibrant working environment focused on student outcomes and university entrance
· An opportunity to grow in leadership and management
· An attractive salary
· Excellent professional development opportunities
Recent CATS College Canterbury Awards:
· ‘Excellent’ in every area – ISI Inspection Report, March 2016
· International School Award – Outstanding 2015, British Council
· Award for Excellence and Innovation – Winner 2015, Independent Schools Association
· UK Independent School of the Year – Finalist 2014, Times Educational Supplement
· Top 10 Private 6th Form College for A Levels – 2017 Sixth-Form.com
The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
CATS College Canterbury maintains Teaching and Learning Academy Status – Partnering with Canterbury Christ Church University.
Employees of the College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. As such, appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, any international equivalent.
Application forms and further details are available from, and should be returned to, Fiona Clarke, Business Manager via email email@example.com
Applications must be returned before 12 noon on Monday 2nd July 2018. Shortlisting and interviews will take place at the beginning of the week of 9th July 2018.