Director of Religious Education and Catholic life of the Academy
St Peter's Catholic College
- Expiring soon
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- April 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
- Apply by:
- 19 January 2018
Director of Religious Education and Catholic Life of the Academy
1.0 FTE, Permanent
Commencing April 2018 or as possible thereafter
Do you have a passion for Religious Education in a Catholic setting?
Do you instil a love of the subject in your students?
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to shape and develop your career?
Then St Peter’s Catholic Voluntary Academy is the place for you! Come and join our warm and friendly Catholic community.
Our hidden gem of a school is currently in an exciting phase of change and this is a great time to join us. We are looking to appoint a talented and inspirational specialist to lead and develop a new department and transform outcomes.
The Headteacher seeks to appoint a leader who will support her and other leaders in enriching the Catholic ethos of the Academy by nurturing the spiritual life of our community.
This role is reserved position and therefore must be a practising Catholic.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a strong and inspired vision for Catholic education
- Be able to bear witness to the Gospel teachings in their daily experiences in our community
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be able to combine academic rigour and achievement with a passion for the subject
- be a team player
- have a proven track record of high expectations to motivate and challenge all students to achieve the highest possible outcomes
- Act with integrity and enthusiasm
- be an engaging and forward thinking teacher who will help build and lead the department to success
We can offer you:
- a passionate commitment to your professional learning
- the opportunity to work with a supportive and cohesive team
- the opportunity to work with enthusiastic students who are hungry for academic challenge
- opportunities for career development
St Peter’s is renowned locally for its caring atmosphere and respectful welcoming students. With students’ futures at the heart of our mission, we enable students to learn and teachers to teach in our culture of high expectations and compassion.
Please download the application form and information from our TES advert. If you would like any further details on this position or to schedule a visit to St Peter’s please contact Miss K Hall via email at email@example.com or on 01642 453462.
Closing Date: 19 January 2018 (midday)
About St Peter's Catholic College
- St Peter's Catholic College
- Normanby Road, South Bank, Middlesbrough
- TS6 6SP
- United Kingdom
Our vision for St Peter’s Catholic College is of a happy and vibrant learning community where excellence, high aspirations and continued personal improvement are the norm for every student and adult alike.
Outstanding academic performance will be the outcome of an enriched learning journey in which students are exposed to teaching that develops, stretches and challenges their views and understanding of the world around them. Every member of the school community will find an environment in which they can flourish as a whole and complete person.
A successful and engaging extended academy programme will contribute to the character development of every student. The development of the house system will encourage healthy competition and unify students, celebrating their contributions to the curricular and extra-curricular life of the academy. Involvement in sport, music, the arts and community work will be valued in parallel with academic achievements.
Outstanding literacy provision will underpin all planning, allowing students to develop the strongest command of the English Language. For their opinions to be valued in the wider world, students must be strong and effective communicators, capable of expressing themselves eloquently both in writing and orally.
Please visit our website for further information.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.