Director of Science
Leeds City Academy
Accountable to: Assistant Principal
Purpose of job: The Director of Science will
- Design and develop an outstanding, innovative and creative Science curriculum comprised of high quality academic and vocational options and utilising the latest technologies
- Be committed to supporting and driving the achievement of all our young people through their learning from 11-16 and beyond
- Develop, in all students and staff, the values, versatile skills and attitudes required for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world
- Ensure that leaders and teachers within The White Rose Academies Trust team are provided with high quality training opportunities, which enable them to be highly effective practitioners
- Develop positive external relationships at a local and strategic level, in partnership with The White Rose Academies Trust and others, to promote the continued development of the academy, as a central resource for the community
Please note that this job description should be read in conjunction with the National Core Standards for Teachers for main-scale post holders, and the post-threshold standards where applicable.
You may be deployed in other White Rose Academies Trust locations within a reasonable distance from your main place of work from time to time; you will be compensated for your additional travel costs.
Generic Staff Requirements:
- Uphold the professional standards expected of every member of Academy staff in all dealings with colleagues, students, parents / carers and the wider community
- Adhere to the principles expressed in the aims of the Academy and its mission statement
- Actively contribute to the continued development of the Academy by attending training, participating in relevant meetings, and putting forward ideas for improvement
- Be a positive, collaborative team member
- Apply Academy policies in all aspects of the role
- Keep up to date with all aspects of the Child Protection Policy as it applies to the post
Part of the White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students achieve ‘World Class’ status.
We're securing our 2025 vision for World Class by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 400 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on innovation, leadership development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as World Class within five years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group, other members include Harrogate College, Keighley College, Leeds City College and Leeds Conservatoire. The Group provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: Monday 1st March 2021 - 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Monday 1st March 2021
Interview date: Friday 5th March 2021
Start date: September 2021
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedscityacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to email@example.com by the closing date above. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.
Leeds City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years