One of South America’s leading Coeducational Independent Day School’s for children aged 3-18.
Director of Sport and Physical Education
Craighouse School is a Chilean-British, private, PK-12 coeducational school located on the outskirts of Santiago, Chile. The new purpose built Campus, inaugurated in March 2013, with excellent facilities is situated in the foothills of the Andes and must have some of the best vistas of any school in the world. We firmly believe in the benefits of the International Baccalaureate programme and therefore Craighouse School is an IB Continuum School with the PYP, MYP and DP programmes. We warmly welcome families, value open-mindedness, appreciate cultural and religious diversity and promote teamwork. Our family oriented Educational Project fully integrates the academic and formative areas so that each pupil reaches their full potential as a person.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Director of Sport and PE to build on our current success and further develop our existing programmes. The successful candidate will report directly to the Headmaster and will have responsibility for Sport and PE throughout the school. He/she will lead a motivated and experienced team which aims to consistently deliver high quality physical education and outstanding high performance sport programmes to 1900 pupils between the ages of 3-18 years. Required for March 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
We are looking for someone with strong leadership and management skills, demonstrating initiative and a clear vision for Sport and PE. Craighouse School enjoys an excellent reputation within and beyond South America for the standard of its sport, particularly in hockey and rugby where our facilities and high performance programmes are amongst the best. The successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to our extensive competitive sports programmes and particular expertise in the development of and high level coaching within either hockey or rugby would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly committed team player with empathy, drive, energy and passion to help develop this highly successful school.
- Be an adaptable educator and innovative leader with a passion for learning.
- Have clear communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills and experience of leading a high performing team.
- Have high expectations that motivate, support and challenge teachers and pupils alike.
- Be empathetic, adaptable and resilient, appreciating cultural diversity and school traditions.
- An enthusiastic learning community of pupils, teachers, parents and Board members, who all are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom.
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues.
- Excellent professional development.
- Contract is initially for three years and includes an attractive compensation package at international level.
Letters of application, outlining your educational philosophy, together with Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees should be e-mailed to email@example.com
Closing date for this vacancy is 6th July, 2018.
Please download a full application pack, including a detailed job description and person specification.
Telephone: (56)2 27560218/ www.craighouseschool.cl