Since its inception, Qatar Foundation has been committed to providing world- class school curricula in order to realise the vision of His Highness the Father Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, stipulating that the future of the State of Qatar is based on the development of its most important resource, namely Qatari minds.
Qatar Foundation started its journey in 1995; and its earliest achievement was Qatar Academy-Doha. The Division of
Qatar Academy (QA) is one of the Middle East’s premier educational institutions. QA is an International Baccalaureate World School also accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Council of International Schools. The school offers academic excellence through Primary, Middle Year and IB Diploma programs based on the principle that education involves the development of a student’s cognitive, physical, social, moral and affective capabilities.
A dynamic classroom curriculum combined with community and service programs, experiential education, and extra- curricular activities enables students to participate in and reflect on the educational journey from preschool through the university admissions process. Students are a respected part of the learning process shared with parents and teachers. They are encouraged to be risk takers, unafraid to ask questions and confidently seek answers.
QA students have unique opportunities to travel, study and participate in sports throughout the Middle East region and all over the world. Locally, Senior School students participate in and help organize the THIMUN Qatar Conference and Film Festival. Primary School students spend nearly a week each year off-site at QA's School Without Walls facility located along the coast of the Arabian Sea. Students also travel the globe, rock climbing in France, learning about human ingenuity at Space Camp in Turkey, visiting art museums in Italy, and performing community and service in Vietnam.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced educator who can demonstrate originality and innovation
- have substantial experience of school leadership within an IB School
- have extensive experience within an international setting
- have a sharp understanding of the business side of leading a school
- possess working knowledge of staffing structures with a strong pastoral sense
- understand how to prepare children for life after school, including access to higher education and the world of work; to entrepreneurship; to careers in the third sector, whilst retaining the flexibility to pursue paths not yet dreamed of
- be culturally aware and sensitive
- be a qualified teacher and a graduate of a recognised university, with a post-graduate qualification relevant to school leadership or an equivalent license
- have a commitment to holding the highest standards of learning for every student
- be a strong collaborator, able to lead and facilitate effective teams
- be a flexible thinker open to new pedagogical approaches and the use of technology and digital media to facilitate learning
- be able to provide critical and constructive feedback that inspires and supports the improvement of practice
If you smile when you think about children; when you’re talking to parents; when you’re discussing new ideas in education; when you’re removing barriers to learning… If you can keep smiling when there are setbacks; when things don’t go your way; when there are delays and frustrations… If you’re a builder of teams; a mender of bridges; a developer of relationships… if you never give up; always have options; are endlessly optimistic… you may be the person we’re looking for.
APPLYING FOR THIS POST
Closing date: Friday 20th April
Interview dates in Doha: Wednesday 16th & Thursday 17th May
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this post or the school, please contact Liz Gibbs on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are keen to apply for the post:
- Visit the LSC Education website at www.lsceducation.com.
- Click in the Vacancies section.
- Click into the posting relevant to this job.
- At the bottom of the page click on ‘Apply Now’
- Complete the brief Job Application Form and attach your CV (with contact details of Referees) and Letter of Application
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- We will be in contact with you shortly after your application has been reviewed.
- If you encounter any problems with this process, please contact email@example.com.
Previous applicants need not apply
Qatar Foundation Doha are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.