Salary: Up to £19,116.79 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week
Site: Lancashire Adult Learning
Closing Date: Midnight – Tuesday 21st September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a full-time, permanent Divisional Administrator to join our dedicated Central Services team. This role will be predominantly based at Lancashire Adult Learning however flexibility is required in this role as the successful candidate may also be required to travel across any of the College campuses.
The successful candidate will provide a highly effective, efficient and timely administrative support which meets the varied needs and complexities of each curriculum area. The ideal candidate will ensure that all aspects of the College’s business are focused on learners and work closely with curriculum and support teams in order to ensure the college delivers an outstanding offer to learners.
What You Will Be Doing
• General administration support for Curriculum teams
• Effectively co-ordinate and provide administrative support for internal and external meetings on-site or remote via Teams or Zoom. Dutie sinclude scheduling meetings, taking minutes and arranging hospitality requests
• Respond to queries in a timely and professional manner, including for example, telephone, website Live Chat and team mailbox
• Update and maintain electronic College Management Information Systems, ensuring data is collected and recorded timely and in line with data regulations and contractual obligations, including for example:
• Processing course enquiries
• Maths, English, and ESOL assessment bookings
• Data entry for staff and employer feedback forms
• Processing part time hourly paid teaching contracts on VT2000
What We Are Looking For:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above
• ECDL, CLAIT or equivalent IT qualification or experience
• Experience of providing administrative support in a fast-paced busy office environment
• Ability to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Experience of accurately processing data ensuring attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Lancashire Adult Learning
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Lancashire Adult Learning is a network of more than 300 further education and adult learning centres across the county of Lancashire in north-west England. It is headquartered at Lancashire College in Chorley.
The organisation is one of the largest a...