Wellington College International Hangzhou is seeking an experienced Music Teacher. The SchoolDrama Teacher works to cTo contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment in a subject area or areas by teaching a timetable of lessons and supporting the Head of Department in the achievement of whole school and departmental targets.
Year Groups: Year 1-Year 9 (please note - this is a cross Primary and Senior role.)
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the college’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.
• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the College’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To undertake duties as detailed in the staff Duty Rota.
Education: Undergraduate degree plus a recognised teaching qualification.
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Major: Drama or related education major
Language: Fluent English required
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching drama in high performing schools.
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Wellington College International Hangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Wellington College International Hangzhou is the 13th member of Wellington College family worldwide, offering a world-class international education for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18, following a curriculum based on the Engl...