Required for September 2019
Salary: MPR/UPR + London Fringe
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
NQTs Considered: Yes
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is committed to becoming outstanding.
Performing Arts is a key part of our school and we are keen to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher as part of our drama team. We are in the process of planning a new Performing Arts block to ensure that Drama, Music and Dance have the tools and the environment to succeed and inspire our students to become exceptional performers.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Believes in young people
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom
• Is passionate about Drama and is keen to improve standards across all year groups
• Believes in the power of Drama to instil confidence in young people, encouraging them to achieve in every area.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
• Is committed to staging high quality school shows and providing access for students to a range of opportunities
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Child Care Voucher Scheme
• Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community
• An SLT committed to the importance of Performing Arts as part of a balanced curriculum.
Potential applicant visits are welcomed. Visit www.ashmanorschool.com > Vacancies. Requests for visits and completed applications to be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Tuesday 23rd April at 9am
Early applications recommended as we may interview early upon obtaining an excellent short list of candidates.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.