Kingsmead School is seeking to appoint a focused and enthusiastic Drama teacher (with Dance if possible) to cover for the maternity leave of an experienced and valued colleague. The role starts in September 2018 for two terms, or at Easter 2018 for three terms.
Kingsmead is a larger than average secondary school with a wonderfully diverse population. We are habitually in the top 20% for progress nationally at both GCSE and A Level. We do this with an ambitious curriculum that values the Sciences, Humanities and Arts in equal measure. We work very hard, but we also do this with the aim of making sure that what we do as teachers is about the impact of the hours we teach mark and plan, rather than the quantity.
Drama is absolutely fundamental to our curriculum. Our students study it three hours a fortnight in KS3 and have at least two groups a year take their GCSE. We have lessons every week for students who were selected to join the school as a result of their aptitude in Drama or Dance. We also have a Dance class of 12 plus at GCSE every year. All of the team are experienced teachers who have been promoted to leadership within the school. You would be standing in for one of them, but there are three others who would very much like to meet you.
If you choose to join us we can offer you:
· Students and colleagues who are enthusiastic about learning.
· Experience of a large, complex and long-term successful urban secondary school.
· A collaborative environment focused on improving everyone in the team.
· Supportive behaviour and performance management systems.
· A school that aims to do things the right way, not just the easy way.
We ask in return:
· That you are committed to the very best outcomes for all students.
· That you are aiming to be the best teacher you can possibly be.
Closing date: 21st February 2018.
Interested applicants please click on the Apply button to submit an application form. All applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingsmead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks. We are an equal opportunity employer.
‘Practise to Perfect’
Academy with Performing & Visual Arts Specialism