Opened in September 2017, Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private through school with sixth form teaching the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies. The school’s sister school is the established Al Rabeeh school, a primary school founded in 1979.
Facilities at Al Rabeeh Academy include an expansive library, 4G football pitch, swimming pool, fully equipped sports hall and state of the art Computer Science suites.
The Academy is located within the Mohammed Bin Zayed City region of Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and second most populous city in the nation behind Dubai. The academy is co-educational in primary stages and taught in single sex classes from Year 4.
Main job responsibilities
- Support the work of teaching and learning within the Art and Design & Technology Departments
- To create and maintain a safe, purposeful, orderly and productive working environment.
- To monitor, maintain and co-ordinate the servicing of all machinery in the workshops (pillar drills, band saws, band facer, circular saw, disc sander, vacuum former, laser cutter, line bender, convection oven, sewing machines, over lockers, 3D printer etc.)
- To check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
- Support with student supervision
- Comply to local and school policies, code of conduct, ethics and core values
- Previous experience in using and maintaining wood working machines (as listed above)
- Previous experience in working within a school
- Good understanding of industrial practices relating to health and safety
- Good communication skills
- Team player
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward your CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd June, 2018. Face to face, video conferencing, or telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date, so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.