Position: DT Technician Apply by: 24th July 2019
Salary: GR2 Contract term: Part time Permanent (16.5 Hours)
Job start: September 2019 School Visits: Welcomed
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders.
City Academy Birmingham is looking to recruit a DT Technician to join its dynamic, committed team. This is a part time role of 16.5 hours a week, there is flexibility around how these part time hours are structured and we would encourage applicants to apply.
You will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
• To share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth whilst fostering the academy’s ethos providing equal opportunities for all.
• To take an active responsibility for the safeguarding and welfare of all students and young people within the academy.
• Prepare materials and equipment for practical lessons
• To maintain and monitor consumables and equipment within the department to ensure all pupils are able to access a wide range of materials and processes as part of their lessons.
• To maintain and monitor stock control
• To assist the Head of Department in the ordering of materials and equipment
• To carry out weekly material and equipment checks across all Technology rooms
• To assist staff in the production and updating of Technology displays
• To assist staff in the demonstration and application of machinery use to students
• To be proficient in the use of the range of equipment and provide technical support during lesson time
• To maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements, including CAD CAM and kitchen equipment
• Be aware of departmental and academy health and safety measures, including relevant risk assessments.
• To take part in Open Evenings and Parents’ Evenings and any other similar event to support students and their families.
• To attend meetings and professional development activities as required.
• To play a full part in the life of the academy community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
For an informal discussion please contact Miss J Breakwell on 0121 729 7100
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.