We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive and experienced teacher to work in our Dutch team, across the Junior and Senior Schools. Currently, the post holder teaches children from 7-15 years, teaching groups of children who are learning Dutch as a foreign language and also native groups (Junior and Senior Schools).
The ideal applicant will have good experience of teaching both Primary and Secondary aged pupils, work well as a team player, and have a good understanding of international schools and the UK education system. A good level of written and spoken English is essential, equally a commitment to the vision of the continued development of the school.
About The British School of Amsterdam
The British School of Amsterdam is an independent co-educational non-profit day school providing world class learning for children from 3 to 18 years. Currently based on three campuses in the south of the city of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, the school is organised into four departments: Early Years (3-5 years), Infant (5-7 years), Junior (7-11 years) and Senior (11-18 years) each with its own Head and team of staff. We currently have more than 960 pupils across the school. The British School of Amsterdam is directed by a whole school leadership team comprising the Principal, Bursar and the Heads of the Early Years, Infant, Junior and Senior schools. The Support Staff consists of admissions, marking, finance, IT, facilities, catering and HR.
Contract and benefits
The post is part time (0.8) four days per week and in the first instance temporary for one year. The working hours are from 8am to 4pm. Although the post will initially be based at the Junior and Senior School, all primary staff are expected to be flexible and ready to work in any of our three primary sections: Early Years, Infant or Junior.
- Competitive salary, in the range of €27,500 to €43,363 per year (based on 0.8).
- An additional 8% holiday allowance is paid per year.
- A pension plan where the entire contribution is paid by the school.
- Travel expenses of €0.19 per km if travelling by car (up to a monthly maximum of €180) or by public transport (if coming from outside of Amsterdam) of up to €300 per month (in standard class).
- A recognised teaching qualification at degree level or higher
- At least three years’ teaching experience
- Excellent organisational and classroom skills
- Up to date knowledge of teaching language to non-native learners
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work
- Good use of ICT in teaching
- Ability to work effectively with others and as part of a team
- A proactive approach to continual professional development
- Energy, willingness to learn and a good sense of humour
- An excellent working knowledge of English
- International School experience is desirable but not essential for the right candidate
- Experience of working with both Primary and Secondary aged pupils
Please use the school application form linked to this advertisement. The application form should include a covering letter, addressed to the Principal, Paul Morgan, and the contact details for two referees. Once completed it should be sent to email@example.com by Monday 21 January 2019 at 12pm (CET).
Further information can be obtained by contacting the HR Manager, Feli Luzolo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the closing date we will contact successfully short-listed candidates with more details about the interview process. Interviews will take place in the week beginning 28 January.