Southgate Primary School has recently become an Academy with GLF Schools. Be part of the next stage of it's exciting journey.
Southgate Primary School is looking for an experienced teaching assistant who can support children who have English as an Additional Language. The successful candidate will help support EAL children both in lessons and in small groups/individually in intervention groups.
As an EAL Teaching Assistant, you will play an integral role in shaping the future and growth of Southgate Primary School with the opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the local community.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something incredibly special and help re-energize an already established school. We are ideally looking for the candidate to start ASAP however we can be flexible for the right candidate.
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
•New top of the range computer facilities to aid Teaching and Learning
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
• Reliable, flexible and able to respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life
• Prepared to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to positively promote inclusion and demonstrate high expectations for all children
• Proactive and resourceful
• Confident in supporting and guiding young children
Closing date for applications: 17th January.
Salary: FTE: £16,737 Pro Rata: £13,078 (based on 33 hours a week, term time)
Closing date: 17th Jan
Interview date: 24th Jan
Start Date: ASAP
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment with the Headteacher, James Broad.
GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.