Contract: Full-time contract (40 hours per week), initially time-limited for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten). Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day, year-round, early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
We are looking for an Early Childhood Specialist as of 01 August 2019, to work with children from 4 to 5 years of age in our Early Years Two group.
If you are a joyful, flexible person who loves interacting with children and providing them with a stimulating and nurturing environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with partners and team members to deliver a strong programme based on learning through play, active learning and critical thinking in a bilingual learning atmosphere
- Developing age-appropriate, child-focused and theme-centred activities based on the guidelines, ethos and objectives provided by Saxony’s State Curriculum for Kindergarten (Sächsischer Bildungsplan) and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Looking for opportunities to promote development that fosters the children’s love of learning, curiosity, creativity and independence
- Integrating early literacy and numeracy into classroom daily life and play situations
- Providing stimulating and empowering environments for children to discover and explore
- Communicating and conferencing with parents and colleagues about children in your care
- Using assessment tools for development and learning in order to focus on children’s progress, plan their next steps, and write annual progress reports on each student’s learning
- Working with a team of colleagues to continuously improve the overall quality of care, education and learning at Leipzig International Kindergarten
- Supporting the children with life skills, including dressing, toileting, and independent eating
- Supporting, guiding and participating in children’s play
- Actively participating in planning meetings, documenting all plans
- Taking part in professional development opportunities
Your profile includes:
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Excellent knowledge of early numeracy and literacy
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- Enthusiasm and personal commitment to your job
- Strong communication and time management skills
- International and growth mindsets
- Bachelor or Master level degrees in related subject areas, such as Early Childhood Education; or Kindergarten, Pre-School, Foundation Phase or Early Years Teaching
- Near-native speaker fluency in written and verbal English
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good education and learning practices
- A substantial preparation time contingency (15-20% of working hours)
- Access to iPad, laptops, printer, copy machine, internet
- 35-38 days of paid vacation, depending on annual calendar
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our online application tool.