Early Childhood Educator
Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The children take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions and ultimately their futures. Preshil is about “fitting the school to the child”, allowing them to find their voice and explore their own passions.
The Kindergarten sits at the heart of the junior school. It is a joyful and serene environment with an educational program that seeks to establish the values and philosophy of the whole school.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Early Childhood Teacher to join the Kindergarten team at Arlington Campus. We recognise the valuable role that teachers play in the lives of children and are seeking creative, nurturing and inspiring educators to apply.
This is a full time on-going position commencing Tuesday 29 January 2019.
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate, including Anaphylaxis and CPR
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current VIT Registration as an Early Childhood Teacher
- Experience working with children 3-5 years
- Proven knowledge and experience working with EYLF and VEYLDF
- Demonstrated high-level classroom teaching skills and the capacity to work in a team situation to continually improve teaching and learning
- Respectful, collaborative approach to communication and relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and implement an engaging child-centered program where each individual child has a voice in determining the direction and content of their own education and developing their own talents and creativity
- Demonstrated understanding of Preshil’s values and of progressive education, together with a willingness to interpret this in the light of a 21st century context
Preshil is committed to the protection of children and young people and safeguarding children from harm.
A letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 21 September at 5pm