This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Early Childhood (ages 3 – 5) team at our Hampstead Campus, in our well-resourced, friendly international IB World School. We are seeking an experienced Early Years Practitioner, with a minimum Cache Level 3 qualification. With small class sizes, a purpose-built Early Childhood outside playground and a collaborative, collegial teaching team, this is a chance to develop your Early Childhood skills in a supportive, inquiry-learning environment.
The successful applicant:
- Is able to work independently whilst working well as part of a team
- Has excellent initiative and understanding of Early Years Education
- Uses ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Supports the teaching team in putting up displays and managing resources as required
- Has a secure understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding & first aid practices in Early Years
- Has good communication skills and able to make good relationships with parents
- Is enthusiastic has a can do attitude and a positive ethos.
- Establishes productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Attends team and staff meetings as required
- Appreciates and supports the role of other professionals
- Accompanies staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Works constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and own position within these
- Is prepared to work cross-phase as necessary
- Is sensitive to, and interested in, cultures from around the world
- Respects every child as a competent, capable individual
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and return to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
Closing date for applications 23 May 2017 (NB Interviews may take place before this date should an excellent candidate be identified early in the application process so interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding: Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, they must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Principal, or make a referral directly to the local child protection authorities.