Wuxi United International School (WUIS) belongs to Xiehe Education, a private organization now responsible for thirty educational institutions in Shanghai, Wuxi, Xiamen and Wenzhou including primary schools and middle schools. Xiehe Education is Shanghai’s largest private educational organization, in a very flourishing market.
Location: Wuxi campus
8 Wenjing Road ,Business District (High Speed Railway Station) Xi dong New Town, Wuxi, China
At WUIS we have a unique approach to bilingual education with each class having both a Chinese and English speaking homeroom teacher. Our co-teachers deliver a truly bilingual school-based thematic curriculum with equal emphasis given to both languages. With our focus on personal as well as academic development, together with an international education, we are truly preparing our young children for the future.
We offer a caring and supportive environment, merging Chinese and Western teaching and learning approaches. Each class also has a full-time caregiver. WUIS supports teachers in their professional development.
WUIS offers early childhood education for 2-6 year old children of expatriate families and Chinese citizens. The School campus is a modern, extremely well-resourced facility that also houses our Primary and Secondary sections and is 30 minutes from Shanghai by high-speed train. We currently have the following position available:
Early Years Foundation/Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher
- Home-room Teacher
- Full-time; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Limited positions available for ages 2-3, 3-4, 4-5
- Contract starting - ASAP
General requirements of applicants:
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience in early childhood as verified by references;
- Share equal responsibility with your Chinese co-teacher for daily teaching, classroom management, lesson planning and parent communication;
- English fluent speaker;
- Preferred: Teacher Certification or Education Degree.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and previous teaching experience
- Paid holidays
- The school will purchase and maintain private medical insurance for the employee with (through this insurance teachers have access to a wide network of direct billing hospitals)
- A roundtrip airfare of maximum 10,000RMB reimbursed annually.
- The school will apply and pay for a work permit and residence visa
- Other benefits
For further information: www.suis.com.cn (Wuxi Campus)
Please include “Application for XXX (which Subject) Teacher” and your name in the title of email.
Please also enclose your recent photo passport copy, cover letter and contact details of two referees (including current Principal) together with a CV and letter of application.
Applications to be sent to David Edwards at Recruit.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
A warm welcome awaits you at WUIS!